Skip to main content

Blog Hop Around the World

I am honored  to have been invited  by my friend, Debbie Nolan, to take part in a Blog Hop Around the World. We share many common interests: watercolors and sketching foremost. I love visiting her blog, View from Harmony Hills,  where she shares her thoughts and photos of her beautiful country life.  I love the sense of peace I get when reading her posts and am constantly inspired by her photos and words. Please pay her a visit, if you haven't already. She will surely give you the warmest of welcomes!

I have chosen to tag my friend and watercolor artist Carmella Tuliszewski from the blog Watercolor Works. She paints beautifully vibrant paintings with an incredible eye for detail and composition. She is currently participating in Leslie Saeta's 30 day challenge, recently having been nominated a signature member of the Philadelphia Watercolor Society. There is no doubt she is a particularly talented lady, please do make her acquaintance.
 

Here are the answers to the "blog hop" questions:

1.  What am I working on?
WIP

I have started two compositions from life, photographing them in order to reference them later. It was a good thing, the flowers wilted and the tomatoes have been eaten shortly after. Some weeks being better than others, I am this way able to focus more on seeing a work to its completion.

WIP

2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?

My personality insures the uniqueness of my work.

3. Why do I create what I do?

I love to observe my surroundings and capture those images on paper. I love the act of painting and creating, of making something with my own hands. I love color and light and how it affects and changes an object. There is really no reason to what I do, I just follow instincts without coding or rationalizing them. 

4. How does my creating process work?


I draw my idea on paper. I then lay down watercolors, working in layers, using much "wet into wet" technique. I try to achieve a loose, impressionistic image. I materialize the concepts I have in my mind on paper. This is where the fun is: it is a life long pursuit!

 Thanks for stopping by and reading to the end!

 I look forward to Carmella's post on September the 29th!

Comments

  1. Wonderful post, Celia! I love to read about how you work! I'll have a look at Carmella's blog now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy, I am happy you enjoyed it and think you will enjoy Carmella's work too!

      Delete
  2. Hi Celia, what pretty watercolors. I will be back often to see what you are painting. Watercolor has always been my first love. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy for your visit, Carol,I hope you do come back often! I enjoyed seeing your paintings too.

      Delete
  3. Oh Celia - just wonderful to see how you work and those tomatoes are looking awesome (had to smile because mine would have to be photographed too because they have long been eaten). I am going over to meet Carmella. Thank you so much for taking time to participate my dear friend. Have a super day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks again for including me in this,I had fun!

      Delete
  4. Hello Celia! Once again it's a pleasure admiring your aquarella. Definitely tomatoes on the vine looking yummy even if they're not entirely whole. This Hop around the world thing is quite interesting. I've had the pleasure of meeting Carmella on Leslie Saeta's Challenge Blog and became a huge fan of her work. She's a fine artist, as you are dear Celia! take care,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are such a supportive friend Helen! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. Hi Celia, love those colours you have going with the tomatoes. Popped over and enjoyed the artwork by your friend Carmella, thanks for the link

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lorraine, I used some of the Winsor red you spoke about in your last painting. It is a beautiful red...I am happy you followed the link.

      Delete
  6. So nice to get to know your working procedure . And your tomatoes look gorgeous already !

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great post Celia! I so relate to what you have written about why you create. I hopped over to see Carmella's blog and was blown away - what an amazing artist she is!
    I love how you are painting from life and that you are taking back-up photos - always a good idea when painting delicious tomatoes and wilt-prone flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a challenge...to get it done before it all falls apart.I think I should have added that bit in. I enjoyed your post too! Keep up the incredible job you are doing with the 30 day challenge.

      Delete
  8. Love the beautiful modeling you have begun here, especially in the tomatoes!
    Thank you again for including me in this forum and I look forward to posting next week. I am honored, my friend, that you thought of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was an honor for me Carmella, I am happy to share the work I have been admiring for so long! Thanks for your encouragement!

      Delete
  9. Celia, I can't wait to see both of these paintings completed. The tomatoe painting is filled with rich, luminous colour and the leaf design is pure delight!
    All the best to you and thank you for introducing us to Carmella's blog and work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, I hope to finish them soon! I'm happy you liked the post.

      Delete
  10. I really enjoy reading about the artist process so thank you, Celia, I loved this post. Debbie was smart choosing you.
    I did visit Carmella's blog and saw her jaw-dropping paintings. Amazing. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the phrase "jaw dropping" she deserves it, and I feel the same way when I see your paintings! I am happy you like the post!

      Delete
  11. I love seeing your watercolors Celia, I enjoy reading about the process and steps you take as you complete your paintings. I enjoyed seeing Carmella's blog, wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi, I'm happy you enjoyed it! A big hug to you!

      Delete
  12. Gorgeous colors on your work in progress, Celia!!! I look forward to seeing this finished!! Even though I don't work with watercolors....I LOVE enjoy them so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Celia, we were in sync today... I see you are working on tomatoes, they are going to be wonderful...
    Thanks for coming by...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those colourful tomatoes do look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HI Celia, I love reading about your painting and seeing them too. beautiful work, love,Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. I discovered your blog from Anne's Around the Wold post. I am going to have to stop by again and poke around a bit more! Your paintings are so charming!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

African Violets

 African violets sketchbook page I painted this sketch slowly, over a few day's time.  I use my sketchbook to experiment towards improving my skills although I seem to always find myself in a hurry to finish the sketches. It took my African Violets over two years to bloom, I felt compelled to capture this achievement! The flu is making the rounds around my household once more, I hope everyone else is well!

Pansies

 Pansies with Lemon  watercolor on cold pressed Daler Rowney paper  10" x 10" / 25 x 25 cm.  Available I wished to paint the happy faces of the pansies I planted earlier in the fall. They are hardy plants, lasting through the winter on my balcony. Soon I will have to pull them out and replace them with petunias or begonias, but not for another month. I love the different shades of purple and had fun mixing my own. I hope everyone is having a nice week!

Flying Colors

"Flying Colors" 28.5 x 20cm / 11" x  8"in.  I love the color of this blue jay's feathers and its stance, so graceful ... the various blues were hard to imitate. I am working on leaving more white areas in my painting and loosening up a bit. Thank you to Mim White for allowing me to use her photo! When I saw her photograph, I immediately imagined it as a watercolor painting.